Tired or exhausted can be caused by many things, from excessive activity, psychological conditions, to lifestyle. But not many people know that changing a few simple habits can be a way to overcome fatigue.
The causes and also solutions to overcome fatigue can actually be traced from daily activities such as stress, poor diet, lack of sleep, to psychological problems. Get to know the main causes and how to overcome fatigue.
Pay attention and change the food you consume
Certain foods can actually increase energy levels, while on the contrary, some foods can make you feel tired often. Pay attention to the guidelines below so that food can truly be an energy source so that it is not easily tired.
- Caffeine might make you excited in the morning. But the effect is only for a moment. After caffeine leaves the body, you will feel fatigue or called caffeine crash.
- Drinking enough to meet the needs of body fluids due to dehydration can cause fatigue.
- Limit consumption of processed or processed foods such as burgers, packaged foods, sweets. These foods contain preservatives and salt which makes the body work more slowly.
- Choose fresh foods that contain more nutrients. This can be done for example by eating fruits that are suitable for the season, so that the fruit ripens naturally.
- Nuts provide energy to reduce fatigue.
- Eating fish that contains omega-3 oils such as salmon can actually stimulate morale and reduce fatigue.
- Being overweight will burden the heart, making the body more easily tired. Reduce the portion of food and consume foods with balanced nutrition so that excess weight falls. This normal weight loss will increase energy, mood, and quality of life.
- Eating more often in small portions can stabilize blood sugar levels. This can be done by eating healthy snacks every 3-4 hours.
- Choose complex carbohydrates to prevent an increase and decrease in blood sugar levels in a short time.
- Avoid consumption of liquor. Although consuming alcohol can make you sleep better, it turns out consuming alcohol can make you sleep less soundly. But the next day you will feel more tired than before.
- By choosing the right foods from day to day, the body will be more powerful and not easily sleepy and tired.
The study found that around 50–80% of causes of fatigue were psychological factors.
Know yourself and the problems that are happening and take steps to deal with them.
- Chronic stress can cause fatigue. Try various relaxation methods such as yoga and meditation. Doing things that you like is also a way to relieve stress.
- Doing too many things that other people ask for is one source of stress. Learn to say no to things you don’t want to do.
- Take a break in the middle of your routine work to be more productive when returning to work. Joy and laughter are good energy boosters to relieve fatigue.
- Conflict at work may burden your mind and make you tired quickly. Complete the problem with communication so that it does not last.
It is important to overcome the problem of stress causes so that the body does not feel prolonged fatigue.
You may feel very lazy to exercise or move actively if you feel tired. However, many studies have found that physical activity can actually increase energy levels. According to a professor and sports physiologist, exercise can actually increase morale, confidence, effectiveness in work, and overall health quality. Just walking for 15 minutes can also help overcome fatigue. Gradually increase activity up to 2.5 hours per week. For example by cycling or swimming every week.
Sufficient need for rest
Sleep deprivation is one of the main causes of fatigue. Meet the need for rest by getting used to going to sleep and waking up at the same time every day. Many people feel sleepy after lunch. Taking a nap for about 10 minutes can improve work readiness.
However, you should not be advised to sleep more than 30 minutes so that you don’t have trouble sleeping at night. If you feel insomnia, avoid taking sleeping pills. If you experience insomnia, and treat the underlying causes of this condition by consulting a doctor. So you don’t need to take sleeping pills to rest.
On the other hand, often tiredness can be triggered by the consumption of certain drugs such as antihistamines, diuretics, drugs to treat blood pressure, and some other drugs. Consult if fatigue often arises after you take these drugs. In addition, fatigue can be a symptom of more serious chronic diseases such as anemia, diabetes, heart disease, thyroid disorders, and sleep apnea. If you have done all of the above but still feel tired often, it’s a good idea to see a doctor.